The Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) is a recognized leader in intercollegiate athletics dedicated to student athlete and sport development.
The Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) is the governing body for intercollegiate sports offering quality programs in the pursuit of athletic excellence. The Association contributes to the learning process by creating an environment which promotes academic success, provides a forum for personal development, complements the educational experience, and enhances student life.
The OCAA believes in:
- Being student-focused
- Academic and athletic excellence
- Leadership and personal development
- Promoting an active and healthy lifestyle
- Integrity, respect and fair play
- Equity of opportunity
The OCAA will:
- Encourage academic achievement and contribute to the overall student athlete educational experience.
- Provide leadership in contributing to the development of sport provincially and nationally.
- Provide a competitively balanced structure that encourages access and will assist members in striving for provincial and national championships.
- Operate in a collegial and inclusive manner respecting member’s differences.
- Operate in a fiscally responsible, accountable, progressive and innovative manner.
- Promote direct, honest and transparent communication.
- Operate in a consistent manner that will add to the equity of the brand.
- Ensure a safe environment.